St Marks Medical Centre and Trinity Practice have recently introduced appointments via video consultations.
How it works:
- You will be offered a telephone 'triage' appointment by our reception staff.
- One of our trained clinicians will then call back and discuss your symptoms over the phone.
- If they feel it is necessary to conclude your consultation via video link they will explain this to you and send you a text message with instructions on how to join, the message will look something like this:
What you need to do:
- Once you receive the message click on the link
- It will then open your internet browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome)
- It may show you a screen where you need to click "Request permissions" to enable your camera and your microphone.
- You should then be able to see yourself.
- You should then wait for the clinician to join the consultation.
What do I need for it to work?
- A smartphone, either with working Wifi/3G/4G connection
- Your Internet Browser needs to have your phones microphone and camera enabled.
- You might also need to make sure you are using a supported browser.
- iPhones running older software that has not been updated (iOS 12 and earlier) will need to download the Whereby app to join the consultation)
What if I don't have a smartphone or the video doesn't work on my phone?
You can also access the link on a computer. Just type it into the top of the internet browser like so: